Possible scenarios that you may face:
- Wore tracker while awake but sleep was recorded
When there is a lack of arm movement (e.g. desk-bound tasks such as typing, or a sedimentary lifestyle such as watching TV/movies), sleep monitoring may be triggered mistakenly.
In the event of such discrepancy on your tracker, kindly try the following steps:
1. Check if such sleep periods coincide with periods of little or no arm movements.
2. If this becomes a persistent issue, consider removing your tracker from your tracker during those sedentary periods.
- Did not wear tracker but sleep was recorded
You might experience this as your tracker might detect that it has been worn by a sleeping user.
Should you experience such discrepancy, put the tracker flat with the HR sensor facing downwards (e.g. on table top)
- Wore tracker to sleep but sleep was not recorded
Likely due to:
1. Ineligibility to sleep monitoring programme (check Health 365 records for eligibility)
2. Short sleeping times - sleep monitoring will only track sleep sessions of at least 2 continuous hours
3. Poor sleep quality - disrupted or large arm movement might prevent the tracker to enter sleep monitoring mode
- Wore tracker to sleep but sleep recorded is less than expected
Such discrepancy occurs due to:
1. Sleeping habits
2. Sleep quality
3. Activity before and after sleep
- Wore tracker to sleep but sleep recorded is more than expected
Such discrepancy occurs when users lie on the bed for some time before their actual sleeping time, as the sleep recorded might include the time users lying in bed and actual sleeping time